WASHINGTON, D.C. – Gerry Cauley, president and chief executive officer of NERC, will testify before the Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources on Tuesday. The discussion will focus on efforts to protect U.S. energy delivery systems from cyber threats.
The hearing, chaired by Sen. Lisa Murkowski, begins at 10 a.m. Eastern in Room 366 of the Dirksen Senate Office Building and will be webcast live. Witness testimony will be available on the Committee website at the start of the hearing.
In addition to Cauley, panelists include:
· Patricia Hoffman, acting assistant secretary, Office of Electricity Delivery and Energy Reliability, Department of Energy
· Andrew Bochman, senior cyber and energy security strategist, Idaho National Laboratory
· Duane D. Highley, president and CEO, Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation
· The Honorable Dave McCurdy, president and CEO, American Gas Association
· Col. Gent Welsh. commander, 194th Wing, Washington National Guard