A 45-day formal comment period is open through 8 p.m. Eastern, Wednesday, May 3, 2017 for the following revised sections of the NERC Standards Process Manual (SPM):
• Section 2.1 - Definition of a Reliability Standard;
• Section 3.7 - Governmental Authorities;
• Section 6.0 - Process for Conducting Field Tests;
• Section 7.0 - Process for Developing Interpretations;
• Section 8.0 - Process for Appealing an Action or Inaction; and
• Section 11.0 - Process for Approving Supporting Documents.
The ballot pool is being formed through 8 p.m. Eastern, Tuesday, April 18, 2017. An initial ballot will be conducted April 24 – May 3, 2017.
Revisions are proposed to the NERC Standard Processes Manual, Appendix 3A to the Rules of Procedure. The currently-effective SPM was approved by the NERC Board of Trustees in February 2013.
The Field Test language in Section 6.0 is revised to increase coordination between the Standards Committee and the technical committees when field tests are conducted. Revisions are proposed to Section 7.0 to clarify language and streamline the process for posting and balloting Interpretations. Revisions to Section 8.0 are proposed to allow an entity to withdraw its appeal by providing written notice. Revisions are proposed to Section 11.0 to clarify the scope of this section, define supporting documents, and incorporate a detailed process for vetting proposed supporting documents. Additionally, non-process related revisions are made to Sections 2.1 and 3.7 to update language.